facebook   twitter        

PITTYVAICH

he Pittyvaich distillery, built in 1974 by Arthur Bell & Sons, was among the youngest Scottish distilleries while it was operating. It stood near the Dufftown Distillery in Dufftown. The distillery was demolished in 2002.

  • demolished

Prior to the official bottling, a number of independent bottlers (including Signatory Vintage and Cadenhead's) released Pittyvaich as a scotch single malt.

Pittyvaich distillery
Pittyvaich whisky miniature collection
Pittyvaich whisky miniature collection
Pittyvaich whisky miniature collection
Pittyvaich whisky miniature collection
Pittyvaich whisky miniature collection
Pittyvaich whisky miniature collection
Pittyvaich whisky miniature collection
Pittyvaich whisky miniature collection
Pittyvaich whisky miniature collection

PORT ELLEN

Port Ellen was established as a malt mill in 1825, and then developed as a distillery under John Ramsay from 1833 to 1892. She is located on the isle of Islay. Stocks of Port Ellen whisky are now owned by Diageo.

  • closed in 1983

The first of a series of annual official releases of Port Ellen appears on the market in 2001. So far, Diageo has released a fresh bottling every year. Port Ellen are very rare and expensive miniatures

Port Ellen distillery
Port Ellen whisky miniature collection
Port Ellen whisky miniature collection
Port Ellen whisky miniature collection
Port Ellen whisky miniature collection
Port Ellen whisky miniature collection
Port Ellen whisky miniature collection
Port Ellen whisky miniature collection
Port Ellen whisky miniature collection
Port Ellen whisky miniature collection
Port Ellen whisky miniature collection
Port Ellen whisky miniature collection
Port Ellen whisky miniature collection
Port Ellen whisky miniature collection
Port Ellen whisky miniature collection
Port Ellen whisky miniature collection
Port Ellen whisky miniature collection
Port Ellen whisky miniature collection
Port Ellen whisky miniature collection
Port Ellen whisky miniature collection
Port Ellen whisky miniature collection
Port Ellen whisky miniature collection
Port Ellen whisky miniature collection
Port Ellen whisky miniature collection
Port Ellen whisky miniature collection
Port Ellen whisky miniature collection
Port Ellen whisky miniature collection
Port Ellen whisky miniature collection
Port Ellen whisky miniature collection
Port Ellen whisky miniature collection
Port Ellen whisky miniature collection
Port Ellen whisky miniature collection
Port Ellen whisky miniature collection
Port Ellen whisky miniature collection
Port Ellen whisky miniature collection
Port Ellen whisky miniature collection
Port Ellen whisky miniature collection
Port Ellen whisky miniature collection
Port Ellen whisky miniature collection
Port Ellen whisky miniature collection
Port Ellen whisky miniature collection
Port Ellen whisky miniature collection
Port Ellen whisky miniature collection
Port Ellen whisky miniature collection
Port Ellen whisky miniature collection
Port Ellen whisky miniature collection

ROSEBANK

Records exists, showing that a distillery existed in Falkirk as early as 1798, it was run by the Stark brothers in Laurieston. She was situated in Camelon on the banks of the Forth and Clyde canal between Edinburgh and Glasgow. In 2002, the distillery buildings and contents were sold to British Waterways by Diageo, and the maltings were demolished to make way for a housing development.

  • closed

The traditional Lowland method of triple-distillation was used at Rosebank distillery - as opposed to the double distillation method that is used almost everywhere in Scotland.

Rosebank distillery
Rosebank whisky miniature collection
Rosebank whisky miniature collection
Rosebank whisky miniature collection
Rosebank whisky miniature collection
Rosebank whisky miniature collection
Rosebank whisky miniature collection
Rosebank whisky miniature collection
Rosebank whisky miniature collection
Rosebank whisky miniature collection
Rosebank whisky miniature collection
Rosebank whisky miniature collection
Rosebank whisky miniature collection
Rosebank whisky miniature collection
Rosebank whisky miniature collection
Rosebank whisky miniature collection
Rosebank whisky miniature collection
Rosebank whisky miniature collection
Rosebank whisky miniature collection
Rosebank whisky miniature collection
Rosebank whisky miniature collection

ROYAL BRACKLA

The Brackla distillery was built in 1812 by Captain William Fraser of Brackla House on the estate of Cawdor Castle. The distillery is operated by John Dewar & Sons for Bacardi. She is the largest dfistillery owned by Bacardi.

  • no site availabla

The Royal Brackla malt whisky is used in blends like Dewar's (of course), Bisset's and Johnnie Walker Gold.

Royal Brackla
Royal Brackla whisky miniature collection
Royal Brackla whisky miniature collection
Royal Brackla whisky miniature collection
Royal Brackla whisky miniature collection
Royal Brackla whisky miniature collection
Royal Brackla whisky miniature collection
Royal Brackla whisky miniature collection
Royal Brackla whisky miniature collection
Royal Brackla whisky miniature collection
Royal Brackla whisky miniature collection
Royal Brackla whisky miniature collection
Royal Brackla whisky miniature collection
Royal Brackla whisky miniature collection
Royal Brackla whisky miniature collection

ROYAL LOCHNAGAR

In 1845 John Begg built the "new" Lochnagar distillery. She is based in Lochnagar, Royal Deeside, in the Highland whisky producing area of Scotland. Today Royal Lochnagar is owned by Diageo, and the distillery produces a relatively small amount of whisky.

At times the Royal Lochnagar distillery has also been known as 'Lochnigar'. In recent years the Lochnagar distillery has been used as a 'training' distillery by Diageo.

Royal Lochnagar distillery
Royal Lochnagar whisky miniature collection
Royal Lochnagar whisky miniature collection
Royal Lochnagar whisky miniature collection
Royal Lochnagar whisky miniature collection
Royal Lochnagar whisky miniature collection
Royal Lochnagar whisky miniature collection