facebook   twitter        

CAOL ILA

Caol Ila distillery is near Port Askaig on the isle of Islay. It was founded in 1846 by Hector Henderson. A larger distillery was built in the same original architectural style, and production resumed in 1974. The company eventually became part of Diageo.

Caol Ila is one of the lighter Islay whiskies, pale in colour, with peaty, floral and peppery notes. In addition to being sold as a single malt, it is used heavily in blends such as Johnnie Walker and Black Bottle. Many miniatures

Caol Ila distillery
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection
Caol Ila whisky miniature collection

CAPEDRONICH

The Caperdonich distillery was a producer of single malt Scotch whisky that operated between 1898 and 1902, and then again between 1965 and 2002. Caperdonich whisky was a component for some blends of Chivas Regal.

  • demolished

Caperdonich, originally known as "Glen Grant #2", was built in 1898 by the founders of the Glen Grant distillery. In the end the distillery was sold to Seagram in 1977, and sold again to Pernod Ricard in 2001. One year after purchasing Caperdonich, Pernod Ricard closed the distillery.

Caperdonich distillery
Caperdonich whisky miniature collection
Caperdonich whisky miniature collection
Caperdonich whisky miniature collection
Caperdonich whisky miniature collection
Caperdonich whisky miniature collection
Caperdonich whisky miniature collection
Caperdonich whisky miniature collection
Caperdonich whisky miniature collection
Caperdonich whisky miniature collection
Caperdonich whisky miniature collection
Caperdonich whisky miniature collection

CARDHU

Cardhu is a Speyside distillery near Archiestown, Moray, Scotland, founded by the whisky smuggler John Cumming in 1824. TThe distillery is currently run by Diageo and the distillery's Scotch whisky makes up an important part of the famous Johnnie Walker blended whiskies.

In December 2003, parent company Diageo caused controversy by halting the production of Cardhu single malt and replacing it with a blended malt which they labelled a 'pure malt' using the same bottle design and label as its single malt. This was done in order to keep up with increased demand for the whisky. Sales of Cardhu pure malt dropped substantially due to the change.

Cardhu distillery
Cardhu whisky miniature collection
Cardhu whisky miniature collection
Cardhu whisky miniature collection
Cardhu whisky miniature collection
Cardhu whisky miniature collection
Cardhu whisky miniature collection
Cardhu whisky miniature collection
Cardhu whisky miniature collection
Cardhu whisky miniature collection
Cardhu whisky miniature collection
Cardhu whisky miniature collection
Cardhu whisky miniature collection
Cardhu whisky miniature collection
Cardhu whisky miniature collection
Cardhu whisky miniature collection
Cardhu whisky miniature collection
Cardhu whisky miniature collection
Cardhu whisky miniature collection
Cardhu whisky miniature collection

CLYNELISH

Clynelish distillery is a distillery near Brora, Sutherland in the Highlands of Scotland. The distillery was built in 1968, adjacent to the original Clynelish distillery which was closed. Confusingly the original distillery was reopened in May 1969 and until July 1973 produced a heavily-peated whisky to supply for blending.

The old distillery was renamed Brora Distillery and production of a peated spirit continued up until 1983. Clynelish large proportion of the spirit used in Johnnie Walker Gold Label Reserve.

lynelish distillery
Clynelish whisky miniature collection
Clynelish whisky miniature collection
Clynelish whisky miniature collection
Clynelish whisky miniature collection
Clynelish whisky miniature collection
Clynelish whisky miniature collection
Clynelish whisky miniature collection
Clynelish whisky miniature collection
Clynelish whisky miniature collection
Clynelish whisky miniature collection
Clynelish whisky miniature collection
Clynelish whisky miniature collection
Clynelish whisky miniature collection
Clynelish whisky miniature collection
Clynelish whisky miniature collection
Clynelish whisky miniature collection
Clynelish whisky miniature collection
Clynelish whisky miniature collection
Clynelish whisky miniature collection
Clynelish whisky miniature collection
Clynelish whisky miniature collection
Clynelish whisky miniature collection
Clynelish whisky miniature collection
Clynelish whisky miniature collection
Clynelish whisky miniature collection
Clynelish whisky miniature collection
Clynelish whisky miniature collection
Clynelish whisky miniature collection
Clynelish whisky miniature collection
Clynelish whisky miniature collection
Clynelish whisky miniature collection
Clynelish whisky miniature collection
Clynelish whisky miniature collection
Clynelish whisky miniature collection
Clynelish whisky miniature collection
Clynelish whisky miniature collection
Clynelish whisky miniature collection
Clynelish whisky miniature collection
Clynelish whisky miniature collection
Clynelish whisky miniature collection
Clynelish whisky miniature collection
Clynelish whisky miniature collection
Clynelish whisky miniature collection

COLEBURN

Located in Speyside between the Glen Elgin and Speyburn distilleries, Coleburn was founded in 1896 by John Robertson & Sons. The owners decided to close Coleburn in 1913and sold it to the Clynelish Distillery Co. Ltd. in 1916.

  • closed

Coleburn has always been a malt whisky that was destined for blending. Two blends that were closely connected with Coleburn, Yellow Label. In more recent times the majority of the malt whisky that was distilled at Coleburn was used in Diageo's Johnnie Walker Red Label blend.

Coleburn distillery
Coleburn whisky miniature collection
Coleburn whisky miniature collection

CONVALMORE

The Convalmore distillery was located in the heart of Speyside, between the Glenfiddich and Craigellachie distilleries. It was founded in 1893 or 1894 by the Convalmore-Glenlivet distillery Co. Ltd. According to the records, whisky production at Convalmore started in February 1894.

  • closed

United Distillers to William Grant & Sons buy distillery in 1990. Apparently they had no intention of using the distillery for the production of malt whisky, because the distillation equipment has since been removed.

Convalmore distillery
Convalmore whisky miniature collection
Convalmore whisky miniature collection
Convalmore whisky miniature collection
Convalmore whisky miniature collection

CRAGGANMORE

The distillery was founded in 1869 by John Smith on land leased from Sir George Macpherson-Grant. Cragganmore is marketed by United Distillers under their Classic Malts brand.

The stills used in the second distillation (the spirit still) of Cragganmore whisky are unique in having a flat top and being relatively short. The stills' shape has a definite effect on the taste and aroma (nose) of the whisky.

Cragganmore distillery
Cragganmore whisky miniature collection
Cragganmore whisky miniature collection
Cragganmore whisky miniature collection
Cragganmore whisky miniature collection
Cragganmore whisky miniature collection
Cragganmore whisky miniature collection
Cragganmore whisky miniature collection
Cragganmore whisky miniature collection
Cragganmore whisky miniature collection
Cragganmore whisky miniature collection
Cragganmore whisky miniature collection
Cragganmore whisky miniature collection
Cragganmore whisky miniature collection
Cragganmore whisky miniature collection
Cragganmore whisky miniature collection
Cragganmore whisky miniature collection
Cragganmore whisky miniature collection

CRAIGELLACHIE

The Craigellachie distillery was built in 1891 by Craigellachie Distillery Co. Limited, a group of blenders and merchants led by Alexander Edward. In 1998, the Craigellachie distillery was sold to John Dewar & Sons - owners of MacDuff and Aberfeldy and themselves part of the Bacardi drinks conglomerate.

  • no site available

Craigellachie produces quite some whisky, but it isn't a 'high profile' distillery by any stretch of the imagination.

ser1
Craigellachie whisky miniature collection
Craigellachie whisky miniature collection
Craigellachie whisky miniature collection
Craigellachie whisky miniature collection
Craigellachie whisky miniature collection
Craigellachie whisky miniature collection
Craigellachie whisky miniature collection
Craigellachie whisky miniature collection
Craigellachie whisky miniature collection
Craigellachie whisky miniature collection
Craigellachie whisky miniature collection
Craigellachie whisky miniature collection
Craigellachie whisky miniature collection